ulua

ulua
20lb ulua caught out on the east side

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hawai'i Skin Diver Expo

I recently attended a dive expo that is well known throughout the diving community. The Hawai'i Skin Diver expo is a biannual spearfishing event held by Hawai'i Skin Diver, where many local and domestic company get together to advertise, sell, and promote new and old products. Many people attend this expo to pick up cheap gear and to learn about the new products thats are soon to be released. I enjoy attending these events because its a good way to meet new people in the diving community as well as pick up tips and tricks from the more experienced divers. 
I helped my friend and owner of Hammerhead Spearguns, Kevin Sakuda at the expo and worked at the Hammerhead booth. We were selling tons of gear at ridiculously cheap prices and many costumers walked away with smiles on their faces. I also paid for the deposit on my new Hatch gun.!
I apologize that the photos are blurry and not too high quality. I took these photos with my Gopro and unfortunately the lens wasn't properly wiped off before taking the pics:/
 Guns, shafts, masks and everything in between at the hammerhead booth. This is Noah helping out a costumer thats checking out the new Hammerhead Proteus speargun.
 Tons of shirts and apparel as well at the Hammerhead booth.
 Omer booth looking good with their mannequin modeling some wetsuits.
I was very interested in this Gyotaku that has been reproduced on a canvas. This was done by the Gyotaku artist for Red Sea Adventures. I to do Gyotaku art and had a very enjoyable conversation sharing techniques and tricks with this artist. I look forward to posting some of my art on this blog soon.

 Kenny of N3K at the Hatch Customs booth. The top gun is the "rasta" gun in which belongs to kenny. Hatch is showing off his new guns with color matching reel line, tracks, and handles. They looked really good!
 Shane's Amero (blue track blue handle) and a customer looking to pick up a brand new Hatch!


 The West Side Dive and Tackle booth also looked impressive with their vast array of dive gear.
 Extremly blurry, but this is Hawaii Skin Diver's new Gopro mount with the EyeofMind Housing at the Hanapa'a booth. The mount seems to be made of metal. I think the mount looks pretty cool and its ideal in the sense that it fits pretty much all rail guns.
Also blurry (sorry) New 3d wetsuit by Omer. The picture to make the wetsuit was taken by Kurt Chambers at Rabbit island to replicate the reef in Hawaii for ultimate camouflage. I really like this wetsuit.


Mahalo OGdiver, Kaoru Lovett

No comments:

Post a Comment