ulua

ulua
20lb ulua caught out on the east side

Sunday, July 22, 2012


Blog Recommendation- Dive Gear

It has been nearly 4 years now since I have started spearfishing, and i'd say i've come across my fair share of fish. Through the development of this lifestyle and sport, I have had the chance to try an array of diving gear, mainly speaking spear guns and threeprongs. I am at the point where I am comfortable with the gear I have as I have selectively chosen the very best, for the style of spearfishing I perform. And I wish to share my knowledge and experiences with others to help you all on your own journeys in the ocean.


Spear gun-

Firm response, that I choose Hammerhead Spear guns, specifically the Evolution2. For those of you whom are familiar with the older model of evolution,  the E2 is a step up and improved speargun. The trigger mechanism has improved and works better, the overall band length has increased a whole gun size(more punch), and the overall gun is lighter and the new look is particularly aesthetically pleasing. The guns are also affordable and are fairly easy to obtain as you can purchase them online or locate them at majority of spearfishing shops. I shoot a 90cm, 110cm, and 120cm E2. What can I say, they get the job done.

Pole spear-
Hands down, 3pronghawaii is the way to go. Reason, they are light, they have a nice grip, custom paint jobs, and the competition three prong head helps a lot to keep fish on when they’re trying to escape. The competition head that 3pronghawaii makes has two-three inches of an abrasive texture half way down the prongs, as well as a small barb sticking out on one of the prongs, in order to prevent your catch from escaping.

If you’re new to diving or a veteran at the lifestyle I recommend you give these two brands a try. It’s a nice addition to the quiver and the spears will serve you well.


On a side notice, I'd like to say that I appreciate everyone who stops by this blog often and give it a read. I hope you bookmark this page and and me to your friends list on blogspot/google+. Leave me a notice or message if you get the chance. I'd love to get back to you. Good diving and be safe, till next time
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment